North Star Corporate Finance is a boutique advisory and consulting firm specialising in providing professional services to UK and European fund managers.
Our SERVICES include:
▪ Lead advisory and project management services for the structuring and restructuring of alternative (real estate/infrastructure/private equity) funds and products in the UK and Europe.
▪ Regulatory and compliance services including holistic compliance with FCA and European legislation – for both funds and fund managers.
▪ Cross border fund marketing advisory services.
▪ North Star Asset Management – AIFM services to UK real estate collective investment schemes
▪ Fund consulting and operational services
▪ Governance services with provision of Non-Executive (Independent) Director services for authorised fund managers
At North Star we offer clients our unique experience and skills in the creation or restructuring of funds and similar pooled investment vehicles. Our services include:
Our specialisms include all types of real estate and infrastructure funds and schemes, specifically including PAIFs and REITs.
Risk minimisation and ensuring cost efficiency are consistently central to our client focussed approach.
For further information on these market leading services, please CONTACT US
North Star have unrivalled knowledge of UK and European regulation impacting alternative funds – both regulated and unregulated products. The creep of regulation means that any collective investment undertaking (i.e the basic pooling of capital) or those managing the scheme are caught by some form of regulation – even without the scheme itself being so. Our products and services include:
* Regulatory consulting for funds and fund managers in the UK and Europe
* AIFMD consulting services
* MiFID II consulting services
* MiFID II – costs and charges analysis and output templating ad annual refresh;
* PRIIPs preparation and update
* NURS KII preparation and update (and Key Features Documents, if applicable)
Reporting obligations for AIFMs and AIFM data submissions
Any firm (whether EU or non-EU) wishing to market or provide funds and investment management services on a cross-border basis into the EEA, will need to understand the requirements of European and national legislation. More widely, any fund or its manager wishing to undertake financial promotion internationally will need to be aware of the local regulations and indeed ensure their onshore and offshore activities are compliant with local laws, regulations and practices and, as necessary, local filings and registrations of products. Our products include:
* Bespoke cross border marketing written advice on a country by country basis for in excess of 70 countries worldwide. This includes onshore and offshore activity advice and protocols (including penalties for non-compliance). This can be refreshed on a regular basis as local laws and regulations change. Source memoranda and legislation provided.
* Written and oral disclaimer language for inclusion with any financial promotion, which are approved and signed off via our network of partner international law firms, to ensure that the cross border activities undertaken are conducted with minimal risk.
* Project management of offshore regulatory or licensing product registrations and ongoing local compliance filings in order to ensure that the client and product is fully compliant with local regulations for the marketing of their products and services.
* Review of financial promotion and other materials to be utilised cross border
North Star, to dovetail with our deep and market leading knowledge and experience of funds, offer clients a holistic consultancy service across all the operational aspects of the operation of funds, specifically with a focus on the niche and specific requirements of real estate and infrastructure funds.
Our consultancy services extend from front, middle to back office and all of the external service providers that are required for the effective operation of the fund.
Noting our extensive knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements, this greatly assists in developing a streamline solution, whilst our services are adaptive to each client’s operational model.
Our services include written advice on optimisation of operating models; drafting and agreeing operating service standards; business outsource solution consultancy; and practical consulting working with all levels of your in house operations team including on-site training.
North Star is able to offer real estate clients alternative investment fund manager (AIFM) services, compliant with the regulations under AIFMD.
Our clients for these services would typically be developers and owners of UK property who have a JV or small number of investors (which creates an “AIF”), which triggers the required for an AIFM. North Star shall be the external manager of the property AIF.
Most UK AIFMs will require high minimum fees reflecting their standard operating model and procedures. At North Star we are established as property funds experts and know precisely the requirements under the regulations and also the appropriate level of management services required for small property schemes.
North Star’s role is predominantly to take responsibility for the portfolio management and risk management activities of eligible AIFs, but usually working with a specialist management / property team for each AIF who shall continue to perform their services unencumbered by ours.
North Star recognises and understands the unique features of real estate and this deep understanding and our substantial real estate experience – together with unique regulatory expertise gained from many years of working with authorised and unauthorised real estate schemes – differentiates North Star in the market for provision of these niche real estate dedicated services.
For more information regarding our AIFM services please CLICK HERE
In accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority’s Policy Statement in April 2018, it will be a requirement of all Authorised Fund Managers (AFMs) in the UK to have at least 2 and a minimum of 25% of its Board – or similar executive function – comprising of independent non-executive directors by Autumn 2019. This applies to all AFMs in the UK irrespective of scale.
We can offer individuals with outstanding experience who can provide the requisite function to comply with the changes to the FCA Handbook.
For further information please CONTACT US